April 13, 2015

1450412 BEST OF BEST in Manila: My Ultimate Experience



Need no words to say how awesome was last night. Though 3 hours felt like it were all spent briefly probably because we enjoyed a lot, it was all worth it!

Best of Best Concerts have actually been happening around in Asia for years now, and so far as I can remember, it had traveled around China the most. Line ups were pretty cool, since they invite great artists, that most of the time included Super Junior. I'm a super fan of SJ that's why I was so ecstatic to know months before that they will be coming back to the Philippines, though it isn't for a Super Show 6. Seeing them is actually more than enough and I was more than glad, but being the poor fan girl (T.T), at the same time I already accepted that I wasn't going to be able to attend the concert since I can't afford the ticket, Philippine Arena is too far from my house (it's actually located in I think the farthest part of Bulacan?), and lastly, I was convinced that the line up was insufficient. Paying up for a concert that I only have 1 or 2 groups that I like? It made me think that it wasn't cool. 


Days before the concert, I was ready to simply flop on bed and write fan fictions, sulk to myself since Kpop Idols would be coming like a storm in my country and I won't even get to see them. It was kind of frustrating, but at one point I was already in the middle of accepting it, that I couldn't even react properly when my sister told me that she won UPPER BOX tickets for the concert. To top that, a friend of hers offered her 2 FREE LOWER BOX A (Original price at 8,000 Pesos) tickets, that from worse to best, I was more than happy already, because it may not be the nearest to the stage but to get it for free, and having seats that are 2nd to the highest in price? Com'on, who wouldn't be happy and say "I'm incredibly so lucky!". Well, these things actually really happen to me when I least expect it. It's true! It happened a lot of times just when I already gave up or at times when I don't really ship a group (I get tickets if not win something).

 Moving forward, D-Day.

Without a doubt Philippine Arena was certainly far from our house, that I found it wise that the organizers prepared tons of shuttle buses for all the fans who needed it. It came handy because it was a roundtrip ride from Manila to Bulacan, and that it only costed 50 Pesos (cheap and fair enough). Our shuttle was one from Trinoma Mall to the venue. Going there we met with my sister's friend and her niece. The trip was a short one, about a 30 minute ride, but going down from the bus was a hassle because our bus detoured somewhere in the vicinity of Ciudad de Victoria far from the arena. It was annoying because we even have to ride another bus (that travels along the whole Ciudad de Victoria only). just to get to the arena without walking (because they prohibited us from doing it). Reaching the arena, so many people greeted us, fans queueing up, an event outside with loud Kpop music booming over the place, a huge led tv outside the arena showing greetings from the artists, and a booth to validate our tickets. Lining up to get in wasn't actually hard, it was smooth and we were accommodated in as early as 5PM.



(cr: as tagged, twitter)



Inside, the arena looks certainly grand, and the air conditioning was more than enough to make us feel oh so cold despite the many fans who came. Entering the venue, it didn't fill up that quick, it took about an hour and a half for the crowd to make the whole place like it was certainly filled up. A lot of LB & UB seats were empty that some from the UB & GA crowd got down to a nearer seat like a riot. It was crazy, because people were panicking to get a better seat even though staff were saying that we all needed to seat on our reserved seats. Whatever happened, it didn't matter because seating numbers at most wasn't followed. As long as the arena didn't look bare, it was fine. The fans were not actually fussing about whether losing a seat or not, just some were. 

The show started 30 minutes late from the expected time, 7PM, but nonetheless, the performance that started from Red Velvet was sufficing. They sang Ice Cream Cake in the beginning and had me singing to the song since I've gotten addicted to it these past few days. They sang a total of 4 songs that included songs from their album, Something Kinda Crazy, Candy, and then there was Happiness at the end. A behind-the-scenes of their Ice Cream Cake MV was shown afterwards.

So to say, to add to that, I could say that they were total performers too. Irene was really pretty, so was Wendy (she really had nice live vocals too), Joy was the camera's favorite and so she was always seen on the huge screen (she was really cute!). As for Yeri, I just really found her looks average from the rest, but nonetheless, she performs as well as the others.






BTOB was 2nd to perform, and they rocked the house like a bomb! I felt like not so many Melody came yesterday night, but the ear-splitting screams every time they make sure to hype out the crowd, made each of us a Melody at all of their performance. I'm not really a super fan, but I could say that they are one of the reasons why I also wanted to come, that I didn't miss the opportunity to fangirl so much.









[Leader's dorky side never fails to impress us! :D]

They sang a total of 7 songs that included Thriller, Irresistible Lips, I Only Know Love, 2nd Confession, Winter's Tale, Beep Beep, and WOW, and all of it where performed really well. Vocal wise & dance wise, they are a total package! Opening their stage with Thriller had me on a blast, and moving towards 2nd Confession, I was totally feeling in love. Winter's Tale was a really cute stage, Beep Beep was addicting, and WOW was like an overdose, because it was the stage all had been waiting for, and just when we thought they wouldn't perform it, they actually did it flawlessly. I could tell just by the looks of it, that right from the first song, all of them were already sweating, starting to get tired, but their energy, humor, and stage presence left such a great impact. Sungjae was the camera's favorite this time, and his aegyo skill caught a lot  of girls' hearts. Ilhoon was adorable! His English was cool too. Eunkwang & Changsub mad me laugh effortlessly...well sometimes it had to do with their faces. Haha. Im Hyunsik became even more handsome, Peniel came handy because he was the one who made it easy for us to understand them through his English, and my bias, Minhyuk was super gorgeous! His rapping skill was superb and that got me over the edge of my seat for the whole BTOB performance.




Moving forward, Girls Generation was 3rd to perform. I'm not in any way a fan of SNSD, in fact I hated them in the past (but I'm in neutral grounds now), but I love their songs, so seeing them perform it live washed away the tiny annoyance I have for them. All in all, they sang 7 songs that included MR. TAXI, Genie, Hoot, Gee, Kissing You, MR. MR., and a ballad that I forgot the title. Their performances made the crowd sing in chorus loudly because all were definitely catchy. The girls moved to the music in sync with graciousness. Their vocals were superb. Tiffany became my ultimate crush for the night (as a girl this is something weird... but oh well.), because she was really pretty. Her smile & eyes smiles were hypnotizing that I squeal every time the camera focuses on her. Well, she was the cam's favorite so it was technically a moment of bliss for me. Taeyeon & Yoona were also very pretty, Seohyun's voice was expectantly very tiny but still a classic, Hyoyeon danced coolly, Sooyoung was really tall and the thinnest of them all! Yuri looked like she gained weight because all I noticed was her flabby arms (?), and Sunny was a pokerface for all the performances, her expression didn't even change one bit. 

Funny part in their intro was when Tiffany asked Sunny in Englsih to introduce their next song and she didn't understand what she was trying to say (?) even though she said it a couple of times, and the girls were just laughing. Another fun part about their stage was their own behind-the-scenes footage with them all goofing around like dorky little girls.










To complete my full Kpop concert experience, of course the last to perform were the Kings of Hallyu, my greatest love, Super Junior. Seeing them for the 2nd time around even if I don't get to see them that close, it was enough to save the day. SJ's skill didn't change even one bit despite their age in the KPop Scene, in fact they actually got better and better. Their stages were the most anticipated and definitely earned the loudest cheers as most of those who came are ELF!




(4 pic cr: marinissi)


Their set list comprised of 7 songs, that started with SHIRT, This Is Love, and Evanesce. All were super cool stages. The boys sang and performed to their songs flawlessly. Their talents really showed off because their vocals were not any less when live, and their dance are as superb as when they are performing for Super Show. Of course, Donghae was the camera's pet during the performances. he was often shown on screen, and every time that happens the fans would just scream loudly like there was no tomorrow.





Coming up with a group intro, Leeteuk opened their ment with saying "MABUHAY PHILIPPINES!" and led the group into saying "Uri neun Supeo Juni-oeyo" (We Are Super Junior) with their signature hand pose, that the fans responded with a "Uri Elpeu-oeyo" (We Are ELF). It was definitely one crazy interaction with the fans because each member introduced themselves dorkily. Starting from Ryeowook's simple introduction, to Donghae, Kangin, Siwon who used his English and said "Rock n Roll baby!", Kyuhyun who flamboyantly introduced himself with his well practiced English, and laughing at his own words all the time (copied Siwon's intro, kneeled on the floor as the fans screamed, gets picked on by the other dorks), Heechul who said "Hello my Philippine baby! Saranghaeyo!" & initiated for the fans to shout his infamous "Saranghaeyo Kim Heechul, Wooyubiccal Kim Heechul" (We Love you Kim Heechul. Milky White Skin Kim Heechul) chant, Eunhyuk who showed off his improved English with "It's been a long time i missed you Philipines! Mahal kita!" (he actually spoke like a pro T.T #myfeels), and lastly Leeteuk who introduced himself with "Ma Ma Ma Mabuhay" with matching accompanying beat boxing by the other members,






Introducing the next song, Leeteuk said that they will begin the following set with a ballad from Kyu for a warm up. Kyuhyun sang "At Gwanghwamun" with wonderful vocals that warmed the hearts of many and even made me fall in love for him more. His high notes were as faultless like the usual, and he sung from his heart that it showed even in his expressions. All in all, Kyu performing was heaven. I was perfectly in cloud nine, that I wasn't easily able to move on when the next song started.


Next song was a sudden turn of hype from a ballad to the start of an upbeat feel with OPPA, OPPA. Donghae & Eunhyuk danced and sung like the usual dorks they were. They asked the fans to chant "Oppa" after saying their names and posed for the camera while doing cute ship stuff along the way. The other members joined them half way and some even did the freestyle dance including Siwon who even did a butt dance in front of the fans. lol.




[Fans put up a large banner at the UB section saying "WE'LL NEVER LEAVE"]


Mr. Simple followed and it really did BLOW MY MIND because they performed it coolly. And just like with the other songs, members covered up for the lines of the members who left for the army, just like how Eunhyuk did Shindong's lines most of the time. His hand stand was really cool too!


Before running their last song, Super Junior spoke to the fans for the 2nd time. The members even said how they feel regretful because the night is too short and they say we know how to jam! :) Other  than that, Leeteuk spoke most of the time and asked Eunhyuk, Siwon, Donghae, Heechul to express their feelings about the night in dance. All of them showed off their dance breaking skills that we were lucky enough to take a glimpse of their abs underneath those shirts (well except for Heechul. Haha.). Continuing with the dorky spirit, Kangin was asked to do the same, but instead of complying he actually laid on the floor and even covered himself with a jacket. Heechul pretended to do a CPR on him that it looked like they kissed. (OMG. KangChul feels T.T). My heart totally exploded with that! 

(cr:papermouse)



     

Super Junior doing the "Can You Feel It" choki choki dance with the fans~


Leeteuk did his own version of break dance, and after that told the fans that what they did right there are not in the script, but they are doing it anyway for the fans. He told us how he missed the Philippines, and that it had been a long time since the last time he was here. He said, he even remembered that it was during SS3. Finally seeing him in person, it made me think that he really had a fun time with us, because the way he talked to us, it all came from the heart, and his smile was genuine.


Their last performance was of MAMACITA, and it was no doubt that it earned the loudest cheers. Even fans from other fandoms sang to the "Hey! MAMACITA naega Ayayaya!" line loudly, and danced to the song. We didn't actually feel like some members were not there, because the remaining members were all able to not make us feel that there are those empty spaces, because they filled in for them and performed with twice the effort. Confetti flew over the whole place as the end of their performance neared, and the concert ended beautifully. Super Junior thanked all the fans one last time. Kangin even said that the whole thing just felt like another Super Show. Heechul even sang "Let it go~ Let it go~" before leaving the stage, and of course like the diva he is, He didn't bow when everyone was already bowing to the fans one last time.

                            

Leeteuk was last to leave the stage, just like how he always does it. He bowed to every corner of the stage, from left to right. He waved at us from the VIP, LB, UB & GA sections, formed a heart over his head, and thanked us. And it felt like, he was actually saying those words to me when he looked at our direction. It just gave that feeling, because he looked straight into the fans' eyes when he was doing that. I found that part actually the most touching because I never saw an artist as sincere as him, and as hard working as he is. He loves the fans and always asked us how had we been, and those little gestures were enough to say that he's the best leader ever! :)



(3 pic cr: papermouse)


(2 pic cr: kyuhyunnssi)

To wrap up my Super Junior fan girling experience, I could say that Kyuhyun still mesmerized me. Having him as my ultimate bias, he made me so proud last night. Donghae, Siwon, Leeteuk were really good looking, that they received the LAUdest cheers. Heechul never failed to make me smile with his diva antics. Ryeowook was one vocal machine, his high notes were awesome. Kangin was too adorable indeed. Eunhyuk is still the best dancer. His moves were flawless. 

Super Junior made my night, and I know that my cheers for them were the laudest! These memories will be forever to keep, because despite having 3 hours of Kpop overdose end like it wasn't enough, it was all worth it because SJ's there, ELF are there, and the rest added to the awesomeness. 


SHIRT




THIS IS LOVE



EVANESCE



AT GWANGHWAMUN



OPPA OPPA




MR. SIMPLE




MAMACITA




*Credits for the unlabeled photos goes to @philconcerts
*The pictures & videos used here are all from the other fans who watched since I am still not uploading anything. I've tried my best to give them credits. I do hope that you will have fun reading this post because I put all my thoughts in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here ♥